Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Lame sketches.

I don't wanna post old artwork on here, because that would be kinda lame. So I'm only showing new stuff, which actually might be a motivation for me to draw more. Hopefully.

Okay, here are some doodles from my sketchbook..

The Comanche helicopter, because it's fucking awesome:

And some random people on the subway:


The younger guy in profile left after 20 seconds or so and I finished the drawing witout being able to look at him.. I noticed that I quickly fell into my routine of drawing heads which is what I'm actually trying to avoid with drawing from life. The other two guys turned out a lot better because I only drew what I saw, not what I was thinking a face might look like.

I should draw from life a LOT more, I'm just really shy when it comes to drawing in public.. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it, so all I have to do is getting this lifedrawing thing rolling. Which is exactly what I'm trying to do right now. Expect more of this stuff in the near future!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex D said...

hey, i was just about to say, hey that one guy from life hjust looks like your ohter heads, bam, alright he left, that's it. you right about quickly falling into usual routines and habbits. btw: hey i post old stuff on my blog when i am to lazy. i am not lame. ^^ - though this will stop i guess, i dont want to post every freaking old piece of shit i have flying around... omg, did so the last couple of posts, posted the oldest of the oldest... hmpf... anyways, i am shy aswell, when it comes to drawing other people... usually i dont dare to do so. :/

yay, rock on! alex

1:40 PM  
Blogger der On said...

Drawing in public is really something you have to get used to in the beginning. But later on you will enjoy it. The best is the reaction of people spotting you drawing them. Teenagers mostly behave shy and will talk about you, turned backwards. Some people enjoy it, beeing the center of someones attention and some (maybe the proud ones) just ignore it (more or less). I always try to remember interesting poses, even if they only last a second, and draw them. Mostly it turns out crap.

Anyway, I like your approuch to color and volume. Mit anderen Worten, weiter so!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home