Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Noisy noise noise..

I just spent a good two hours on this self portrait, all the while those stupid neighbour kids were playing the same fucking song over and over and over again, NOT EVEN GETTING IT RIGHT, which caused me to turn up my stereo, countering their sonic torture with bloc party at the volume of a starting space shuttle.

Thus the enthusiasm on my face....



The problem with digital stuff is, that my palette ist not limited, I have like 16 million colors to choose from.. which results in some weird colors most of the time, especially when doing selfportraits.
Here I spent some time actually observing my reflection for a while, picking eight or nine colors to paint with and then started to paint. I added some darks later here and there but all in all I used my previously picked colors only.
I think it turned out pretty good.

Now I'm gonna do a pencil selfportrait, haven't done that in ages.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Freire / Robolus said...

Mann, siehst du verpennt aus! Har, har! Klasse SP! Hab nichts anderes von dir erwartet, you´re the man!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home